Disclaimer: Now I can officially say that we are all caught up with the recipes! Any new recipes that are posted in the future will be new blog posts. I am happy about that! 😄 This recipe was originally posted as a separate page on June 10, 2019. I changed it to reflect the direction that this blog is headed in. Thank you for understanding! 🙊🍌
Since I am trying to eat as clean as possible by cutting down on my sugar consumption, I wanted a muffin recipe that I could easily grab for a quick, easy breakfast. I crave carbs so if I am going to eat carbs, I would prefer them to be cleaner than what you would typically find at the grocery store or local coffee shop. Finally, I found a recipe that I really like so I wanted to share it with you. I modified the recipe slightly which was based on the original recipe from www.gimmedelicious.com.
My photo didn’t do these muffins much justice but I added a photo anyways. Voila! My family loves these muffins and it is so easy to whip up a batch when you need a quick muffin fix. Let’s get started, shall we?
HEALTHIER BRAN MUFFINS
Servings: 12 Time: 45 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 medium bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk the egg. Then add plain yogurt, maple syrup, mashed bananas, and coconut oil to the egg mixture. For a smooth consistency, use a blender to pulverize the wet ingredients. I use my Vitamix blender but a simple blender works too.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir gently with a plastic spatula until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Spoon into well-greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes at 350ºF.
Thanks for stopping by! ♥