Whoever is reading this post, thank you for taking time out of your day to connect with me! I hope you are all doing well. It’s time for yet another Sunshine Blogger Award! I had originally planned to split up the Sunshine Blogger Awards throughout the week but my laptop is unreliable right now. It keeps crashing on me every half-hour because there is something wrong with the cooling fan.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is per recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy. Thank you, Ilona, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is the third award that I have been nominated for and I am excited to participate in the Q&A yet gain.
Ilona has a popular blog called easydiet.blog, and her blog is one of my personal favorites. She takes the time to connect with her readers and she’s a wonderful person. I feel a sense of belonging whenever I visit her blog and I also feel like I have known her for a long time, even though we haven’t met in person. If you haven’t already done so, you should go check out her blog. 🌻
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Rules🌞
The Sunshine Blogger Award has rules (surprise, surprise!). These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners. The rules are quite simple and straightforward.
Rules for Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED:
1. How does the person develop a personality over time? Personally, I believe that we are born with our personalities (nature), and our personalities are shaped through childhood experiences (nurture). Many people may argue that we cannot change our personalities over time and I agree with this statement. However, I also believe that we can change our personalities through personal development and self-awareness which happens over time.
2. Do you have a dream to chase? Yes, I have spent a few years chasing after my dream of working in the field of health care. Even though it is taking much longer than I had intended due to unforeseen circumstances, I still plan on becoming a RN eventually.
3. Are you really doing, what you would like to do in life? Not yet. I thought I would have established a career by now or have a full-time job in the health care industry. I already have a B.Sc. in biology and I have been taking university courses since 2010. These days, I am a stay at home mom (SAHM) who feels unfulfilled and stuck in life. Even worse, I am unable to accomplish my other long-term goals because of a failed semester. It’s super frustrating because I am not getting the results I want! 💢
4. Are you afraid to make mistakes? If so, why? Yes. I am afraid of making mistakes because I am afraid of making the wrong choices. Sometimes, failure to take any action whatsoever only makes the situation worse. I have one more chance to go back to school next January, but a part of me wants to ditch the dream of becoming a nurse in case it doesn’t work out.
5. Do you react to other people’s actions or do you choose your own actions? I react to other people’s actions most of the time. Rudeness and entitlement really rub me the wrong way, and I am not hesitant to block people on social media if they piss me off.
6. Is there something that you know you have to let go, but you can’t? I have to let go of the anger I have towards certain people and stop playing the victim. Having anger and bitterness towards them does not make the situation any better. The negative feelings are ultimately hurting ME, so I need to let these thoughts go, and yet I struggle to let them go.
7. What makes you the happiest in your life? Why? Being free of depression and other negative thoughts. Part of the reason why I am on a journey towards self-actualization is to figure out how to rewire my brain and stop these negative-thinking loops. Guided meditation helps me escape these negative thoughts, if only for a moment.
8. Would you like to be famous? Being famous brings additional problems and burdens mainly driven by ego and greed. I would like to be remembered for being authentic and humble. Fame is still a possibility, but I wouldn’t want to famous for the reasons that most people want to be famous.
9. The most embarrassing moment of your life? I feel uncomfortable sharing this story on the internet. It has to do with Aunt Flo and a lack of female sanitary products while stuck in Quebec on a school trip. Nuff said. Period.
10. Do you have any superstition? I believe that I will attract good health, longevity, truth, and fidelity for every 1000 paper cranes that I fold. I don’t know how many paper cranes I have made in my lifetime, but it’s probably a few thousand. If you would like to learn more about this superstition, you can read about the 1000 Cranes Legend.
11. What you don’t like about yourself? I struggle with body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) and I hate the way my body looks. You may or may not know this about me, but I was anorexic when I was 14 years old which was triggered by bullying, depression, and feelings of inadequacy. I especially hate my smile and can’t stand it when people bug me for selfies. I also hate my big forehead. It hurts my feelings when people make fun of the way I look.
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees🌞
Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What year did you publish your first blog post?
3. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post?
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration?
7. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
9. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
10. Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress so far?
11. What do you fear the most?
And….GO!! There is no pressure to respond to this nomination, as I know you have very busy lives outside of the blogging world. I look forward to reading your answers if you do decide to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am curious to know what your answers are!
You must be logged in to post a comment.