I noticed that there is a tendency for people to post about the things in life that make them happy, and while that’s a great thing to do, I thought it would be interesting to identify some of the things in my daily life that make me unhappy. Now that I am home, I want to “reset” my life and start taking back control. Lately, I have felt like my life is out of control which can be problematic if it’s not dealt with right away.
Here is my list of 11 things that make me unhappy. Please keep in mind that this list is not presented in any particular order. Each list is unique to the individual, so my list will likely differ from your list. Let’s get started, shall we?
A List of Things that Make Me Unhappy
1. Drama. I’m not a fan of drama and I prefer leading a life that’s peaceful and serene. It’s amazing how drama keeps finding its way into my life, yet all I wish for is peace and quiet.
2. Arguing with people online. it never makes me feel good afterwards even though I might feel better about myself in the moment
3. Wasting time. Nothing feels worse than realizing I’ve squandered my day away doing absolutely nothing constructive, especially on my days off. It’s such a waste of time and energy when I’m being unproductive.
4. Eating too much junk food. A little junk food feels good in the moment and usually doesn’t affect me too much, but binging on junk food makes me feel like crap afterwards.
5. Health issues. Health issues like chronic fatigue, stomach pain, and mood swings give me feelings on uneasiness and make me unhappy. What’s worse is that it’s harder for me to get things done.
6. Wasting money. Instead of wasting money on short-term pleasure, I prefer investing in things that will give me long-lasting joy. Spending money on items that just offer a fleeting dopamine rush does not make me happy.
7. Smart phone addiction. Spending too long on my phone or the internet can have negative impacts on both my mental and physical health. Without any restrictions, it can cause feelings of despondency and will often make me feel distressed. Unfortunately, I’m not the only one grappling with this issue.
8. Working too much. There is a fine balance between work life and personal life. If I work more than 30 hours a week, I will be miserable.
9. Menstruation. Every month, I’m faced with something that makes me incredibly frustrated and irritable. When I’m on my period, having to deal with the cramps and the pain puts me in a bad mood.
10. Being disorganized. By nature, I tend to be quite messy, which is incredibly frustrating. Despite my best efforts, keeping everything organized is a real challenge for me.
11. Having too many social obligations. Being an INTJ, I find social activities quite tiring. Therefore, I’m more selective with the social obligations I take on nowadays.
(っ◔V◔)っ Did you know? INTJs are analytical problem-solvers, eager to improve systems and processes with their innovative ideas. Source: www.truity.com
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ FINAL THOUGHTS ♥
This is merely a concise overview of the things that make me unhappy. If I sat down for an hour to really reflect and journal about it, the list would be much longer. It’s important to take time out of our busy days to really think about what it is that causes us distress and unhappiness so that we can work towards finding solutions. I highly encourage you to create your own list of the things that make you unhappy.
Thanks for stopping by! ❤️
You must be logged in to post a comment.