Disclaimer: This recipe was originally posted as a separate page. I changed it to reflect the direction that this blog is headed in. Thank you for understanding!
Nothing beats this classic drink recipe. You may have noticed that I talked about this delicious drink in my blog post titled, March Recap Spring 2021 because this drink was one of my favourite things to drink while I was pregnant. Re: Virgin Piña Colada!
I made this drink often while pregnant, and people ridiculed me for drinking it because they thought I was drinking its alcoholic cousin. Seriously, who do you think I am?! To this day, I rarely drink alcohol because I really don’t see what’s so great about drinking nail polish remover. Sorry, not sorry! Alcohol does not taste good to me and I have to drink it with loads of sugar to make it more palatable 😝 So if you came here for the alcoholic version of this drink, feel free to add your own alcohol. For the rest of you who enjoy Shirley Temples and other fun non-alcoholic drinks, you are in for a treat today. My sans alcohol version of the classic Piña Colada has been tested and approved by myself and my family. Cheers! 🍍🥥
Virgin Piña Colada
Servings: 1 Time: 2 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 4 tbsp. crushed pineapple
- 1/3 can low fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Using a personal blender (I use a Nutri Ninja), add the crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and coconut milk. Quickly pulse the ingredients. Using a spoon, taste to make sure the coconut balances the pineapple. If flavours are balanced, continue to step #2.
- Add the ice. Personally, I like my drink very iced so I use 6 cubes. Slowly add a few ice cubes and pulse. Then add a few more ice cubes so the blender doesn’t get jammed. When the desired consistency is reached, it is ready to drink.
- Pour into a fancy glass and add a milkshake straw (optional).
I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section below ↓ I love reading your comments 💕
Thanks for stopping by!