Disclaimer: This recipe was originally posted as a separate page on November 15, 2017. I changed it to reflect the direction that this blog is headed in. Thank you for understanding!
My husband and I take health and well-being very seriously. Usually, I will make several trips to the grocery store when trying a new recipe but this time, I decided to only use what was in my cupboard. I changed the original recipe I was referencing quite a bit. You can find the original carrot muffin recipe over at Genius Kitchen.
CARROT COCONUT MUFFINS
Servings: 12 Time: 40 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 1 egg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk the egg.
- Add orange juice, margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar to the bowl. Stir well.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir in egg mixture and mix until dough is moistened.
- Gently fold in carrots and coconut. I shred the carrots using my Vitamix blender.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin pans. Cupcake liners are optional but I don’t recommend using them for this particular recipe. The dough is too dense, making the cupcake liner difficult to peel away.
- Sprinkle some of the white sugar on the muffin tops for extra shine. Again, this step is optional.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Thanks for stopping by! ♥