Disclaimer: Please note that I make no money from this blog and I’m not involved with affiliates. This blog post is for educational purposes only!
This chocolate cake recipe is from my daughter’s book, “Peppa Pig Loves to Bake!” I want to share it with you because she tends to destroy everything she touches, and I don’t want to lose this recipe. I want to make this recipe evergreen, and currently, my blog is a good place to do that. We got the book from a book sale at my daughter’s school but it is also available on Amazon. If you scroll down to the bottom of this blog post, you’ll see a video tutorial by no other than Peppa Pig herself. Unlike the video, the recipe in the book is vegan. Alternatively, you can also use gluten-free flour if you’re avoiding gluten.
Did I mention that this recipe is vegan-friendly? 🌱
CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
Servings: 4-6 Time: 40 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in applesauce, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and water. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into an 8″ x 8″ square pan or 9″ round cake pan.
- Using an oven mitt, put the cake pan in the oven.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Using an oven mitt, take the cake out of the oven. Let cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, have fun decorating it! 🎂
Thanks for stopping by! ♥