Disclaimer: This recipe was originally posted as a separate page. I changed it to reflect the direction that this blog is headed in. At this rate, I only have 2 more recipes to upload which are banana muffin recipes. These recipes don’t feel very festive but I am still planning to post them before the end of the year. Ideally, I would like to share a new recipe each week, but I know that this goal is overly ambitious. In a perfect world, there would be more recipes.
Despite feeling sick during the Christmas Holidays back in 2019, I attempted to make shortbread cookies that year and failed miserably. My advice is to let the butter rest at room temperature until it is totally soft.
👉 The butter must be soft in order for this recipe to work!
I made the mistake of beating the butter while it was still partly chilled which resulted in pie crust cookies. You don’t want that.
CLASSIC SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- Beat butter until creamy but not oily.
- Sift dry ingredients four times; add to creamed mixture a little at a time.
- Work ingredients with a spoon as long as possible, then turn mixture on floured board and knead until mixture cracks slightly.
- Pat to 1/3″ thickness.
- Cut with fancy cookie cutters and bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Now that we are approaching the Christmas holidays, I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section below ↓ I love reading your comments! 😊
Thanks for stopping by!
You must be logged in to post a comment.