Cheers, from Canada! 🍁 I am feeling a bit better this week compared to last week. They say time heals all wounds and there is some level of truth to this. It is going to take me some time before I can trust people as much as I used to before, but that doesn’t mean I can’t practice self-compassion. My mental health is fragile and it needs a lot of work, but that doesn’t mean I am helpless. I had initially planned to complete this last week but I was feeling sorry for myself and needed some time to wallow. That’s not very cheerful of me, eh? 🍁 It is hard to believe that we are already well into the middle of July, and yet I still haven’t written up a post on my goals for July 2022 despite having good intentions. While I might be procrastinating on my July goals, I have something more exciting for you today!
I was recently nominated by the lovely Elsie LMC who runs a blog called https://elsielmc.wordpress.com. If you aren’t following her blog already, then you really need to check out her blog. I hope she still sees this post because I know she mentioned needing a break from blogging. Also, a special mention goes out to Simply Selena for creating this tag in the first place. I wouldn’t have known this had it not been for Elsie LMC! See how everything comes full circle? 😅
Normally, I turn down tags mainly because I can’t keep up with them. However, since I have completed the 🌞 Sunshine Blogger Award 🌞 Series (all good things come to an end), I was sad to finish it and actually missed completing these awards. They’re fun to do, and it can be a great way to establish connections with like-minded bloggers! Let’s get started, shall we?
THE REMARKABLE BLOGGER TAG RULES
The Remarkable Blogger Tag has rules (surprise, surprise!). These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners. The rules are quite simple and straightforward.
RULES FOR AWARD:
- Add the featured image(s). I used both.
- Tag your post with #the-remarkable-blogger tag.
- Pingback to original post ↩
- Give credit to the creator.
- Share something unique about you.
- Answer the remaining 9 questions the person who nominated you has asked.
- Nominate 10+ other bloggers and ask them 9 questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts 👈 optional
- ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕗𝕦𝕟!
SOMETHING UNIQUE ABOUT ME:
It is difficult to put down just one unique thing about me, so I am linking you to a blog post that might answer this question better than I possibly could in a few sentences. Why share one unique thing when I can share 10 things that you might not know about me? Check out the blog post below ↓
♡ Related Article: 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED:
1. If you could live in any type of home, anywhere in the world, where would you go and what house would you choose? If I could live anywhere in the world then I’d want to live in a mansion. One can never have enough space and I think it would be fun if my home was set in some kind of tropical location. As long as it’s somewhere that’s warm and has beautiful beaches, then it sounds perfect! 🌴🌞
2. What is your biggest pet peeve? Those people who crack their knuckles every now and then. I can’t stand it! My husband does it sometimes and I want to slap him.
3. What would you tell ‘the you’ that started your blog if you could go back to that day? I would tell past me that blogging was a great decision and not to listen to anyone who says otherwise. I have no regrets.
4. Is there one song out there that you think everybody should listen to? I can’t name one song to listen to but would recommend you check out the different sub-genres of music such as ‘LoFi’ or however you spell it. Something like ‘Chillstep’ might also be good to listen to. Youtube has you covered, and if you have no idea where to start, you can check out the link below! 🎧
5. If there were no limits in life for a day, what would you do first and last? I am always drained of energy 24/7 but I don’t think there are any changes up I would make if time didn’t matter. I am more alert at night than during the day, so if time didn’t matter, I would do my most productive work at 0200 in the morning and finish my projects before noon. I know this is a symptom of depression. But I used to be a night-time person by default and still am if I didn’t have other responsibilities.
6. Have you set yourself any challenges for the year? Honestly, I just wanted to be happier this year. After doing an assessment, I realized my problem was my social anxiety and not getting out anymore. I just wanted to chat with that local blogger friend of mine (now an ex-friend), but it’s not gonna happen anymore. I had also tried to meet up with another blogger before she left Alberta, but I never did get a chance to say goodbye in person. I feel like my social anxiety is the reason why I’ve found it difficult to make new friends lately. 😓
7. How many blog posts have you written so far? I am not good at math, so I’ll need a second to look it up. I am only counting blog posts that I have written this year, not including articles that I have written separately for Medium. I have written 21 blog posts for this blog since January 2022, not counting this blog post. Lemme break it all down for you since the start of the year:
8. Does your blog have a niche or no? I consider myself to be a lifestyle and mental health blogger, but I don’t limit myself just to that. I like to write about a variety of topics. I don’t just write for the sake of writing. I write with the intent of connecting with my readers and providing them information that they can use in their own lives.
9. Do you have any advice for helping a blogger get out of a writing rut? I can answer this question. I have a notebook that I use all the time to keep track of my thoughts and never find myself without inspiration. If I get an interesting idea, I will draft it and give it a shot. Sometimes, though, I don’t feel like writing at all, but then again, anyone could go through periods of feeling unmotivated sometimes.
MY NOMINEES ⭐✨💫
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1. What is the most valuable thing you learned from blogging?
2. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
4. What kind of food could you eat every day without getting tired of it?
5. What food(s) do you dislike?
6. What fictional character(s) would you want to be friends with if you could?
7. Do you plan on going to the zoo this summer?
8. Do you listen to music while you draft blog posts?
9. What’s the last app you used on your phone?
And….GO!! There is no pressure to respond to this nomination, as I know you have very busy lives outside of the blogging world. I look forward to reading your answers if you do decide to participate, I am curious to know what your answers are!