I noticed that people don’t visit my blog pages, but rather they read the blog posts. This is why I wanted to add an archive of only recipes to my Recipe Page.
Now that it’s practically winter and it’s too cold to do anything outside where I live, there is nothing more comforting than a hot cup of tea or coffee. I don’t mind the instant hot cocoa from the grocery store – we have a can that we are currently using. Sometimes, I want “a taste of home” and yearn for something a bit sweeter and richer than a cup of hot tea or coffee.
♡ Image Sources: https://www.pexels.com/search/hot%20cocoa/
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
I can still remember my most recent experience with homemade hot chocolate and the memory is so vivid that I can almost taste it. My husband and I were in southern Ontario, at an outdoor outlet mall, when we decided to stop for a hot chocolate at one of the cafes. We were window shopping when we came across this amazing café and had to try their hot chocolate. I can remember exactly how it tasted and it was by far the best that I’ve ever had. I want to try and recreate that recipe, I know mine is nothing special but I always love when my daughter asks me to make something. A few weeks ago, I did just that. Although I didn’t take any photos at the time, I wrote down the recipe. Now, I want to share the recipe with you!
❄ 𝕴𝖙’𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖆k𝖊 𝖆 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖒𝖚𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖈𝖔𝖈𝖔𝖆! ❄
Stovetop Hot Chocolate
Servings: 4 Time: 15 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Place the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon (optional), and water in a saucepan. Turn on the saucepan to low heat.
- Use a whisk (or another spoon/spatula) to mix the ingredients until there are no lumps of cocoa powder left.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk the ingredients together.
- Keep stirring the ingredients until the mixture is hot. Bring to a light boil.
- Before serving, froth the milk and cocoa powder together. Add marshmallows and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! ♥