Whoever is reading this post, thank you for taking time out of your day to connect with me! I hope you are all doing well. In case you missed my last post, you can read about my opinion about buying and selling locally here.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is per recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy. Thank you, Snigdha Deka, from The Soul Searcher, for nominating me back. Although it takes me a while to complete these awards, I still like to finish the ones that are awarded to me personally.
I highly recommend that you follow The Soul Searcher if you haven’t done so already. She is very optimistic and aspires to accomplish amazing things in her life. For instance, she is currently working on obtaining her Ph.D. in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences while balancing life with leisurely hobbies to include poetry, reading, cooking, and baking to name a few! You go, girl! 💁
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Rules🌞
The Sunshine Blogger Award has rules (surprise, surprise!). These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners. The rules are quite simple and straightforward.
Rules for Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts. ← I don’t leave comments on their blog posts anymore because it’s spammy. Instead, I tag them in this post so that they will receive a notification about the nomination.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions I was asked:
1. What motivated you to start blogging and still inspires you to blog? I wanted to get away from Facebook and needed a safe place to vent to the world while making sense of my life through writing. A blog seemed like the most logical outlet for my needs. Also, I had previously used WordPress for a project at university, so I already knew how to use this platform when I started blogging. [copied answer from Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0]
2. Which is your favourite book and why? I like self-help books but I don’t really have a preference. The one book that I would recommend to anyone who wants to better themselves is, “You Are a Badass: How to Start Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero. However, there are many books just like this one on the market.
3. Which is that one song currently stuck in your head? The Peppa Pig Theme Song. Peppa Pig is my daughter’s favourite show so it’s usually playing on TV at my house.
4. Three things you would love to do on a rainy day? Yesterday was a rainy day. I started working on the Sunshine Blogger Award 4.0 rough draft because I had time. Later that day, my husband came home and we decided to make strawberry shortcake! Since he wanted to use the desktop computer, I was unable to complete the rough draft, hence why I am working on finishing the questions today. We still needed exercise and usually, we go for a walk outside. However, it was still raining, so we spent time at the mall yesterday evening.
5. What is the one food in the world that you cannot live without? Fruit! I love all kinds of fruit. If Fruitarianism was an option for me, I would totally be one. #30BAD
6. If you could travel somewhere right now, where would it be? Right now, I would like to travel to Singapore again and spend a couple of weeks in the tropics. I am tired of the cold, rainy weather in Canada.
7. Which do you like more – Dreams or Reality? I am a realist so I see things for how they are in the present moment. As much as I like dreams, dreams aren’t real until we make them real by turning our dreams into reality. At the end of the day, we should appreciate reality for what it is, regardless of what your reality happens to be. Here is the definition of a realist, according to Urban Dictionary:
Realists have a firm grip on reality and can see things for what they are, not what they are told they are. Realists have their own views and do not fall victim to propaganda, misconception, or titles!
1. There is the Pessimist who believes the glass is half empty!
2. There is the Optimist who believes the glass is half full!
3. Then there is the Realist who knows it is just half a fucking glass!
8. Love in one word? Unconditional ❤️
9. What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are having a bad day? Usually, I make myself a mug of chai or orange pekoe tea and watch reruns of the Big Bang Theory.
10. Which is your most embarrassing childhood memory? I feel uncomfortable sharing this story on the internet. It has to do with Aunt Flo and a lack of female sanitary products while stuck in Quebec on a school trip. Nuff said. Period. [copied answer from Sunshine Blogger Award 3.0]
11. Three ways you would want to bring more happiness and peace to this world?
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees🌞
Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What year did you publish your first blog post?
3. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post?
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration?
7. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
9. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
10. Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress so far?
11. What do you fear the most?
And….GO!! There is no pressure to respond to this nomination, as I know you have very busy lives outside of the blogging world. I look forward to reading your answers if you do decide to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am curious to know what your answers are! BTW, I am reusing the same questions I asked last time because I haven’t previously nominated these bloggers.